*AMBER Science and Data Reduction JMMC Workshop*
_Grenoble, 21-22 Mar 2011_
Sponsored by JMMC and IPAG
: AMBER/VLTI has now been offered since October 2005 to the
ESO community. In July 2010, the last version of the AMBER Data
Reduction software has been released by the JMMC under the version
amdlib v3. It brings significant improvements especially in the regime
of low flux.
We would like to take the opportunity to present this new version of the
AMBER data reduction software to gather the astronomers who have
obtained AMBER data. This will be the occasion to learn more on how to
reduce AMBER data, but also to publicize the various results and share
our common experience on the instrument. This will also be the
opportunity to share some information on the current status of the
instrument. This workshop will last 2 days.
The participants are welcome to bring their laptop and their AMBER data.
It will be possible to install the new AMBER software and benefit from
the advices of the JMMC AMBER data reduction group during practical
sessions to reduce their data.
: JMMC AMBER data reduction working group
: Institut de Planétologie et d’Astrophysique de Grenoble
(Grenoble, France) from Monday 21 March 2011 at 9:00am to Tuesday 22
March 2011 at 17:00pm.
- Jean-Philippe Berger, "AMBER at ESO Paranal"
- Gilles Duvert, "amdlib v3 core program tutorial"
- Florentin Millour/Jean-baptiste Le Bouquin, "amdlib yorick interface
- Isabelle Percheron, "AMBER data quality assessment from ESO Garching"
- Monday 21 March 2011, morning : tutorials on VLTI, AMBER, AMBER data
- Monday 21 March 2011, afternoon : practical session (reduce your AMBER
data) and science oral contributions by participants
- Tuesday 22 March 2011, morning : practical session (reduce your AMBER
data) and science oral contributions by participants (continued)
- Tuesday 22 March 2011, afternoon : round table on future data
reduction developments on AMBER data ; conclusion.
: all scientific contributions are welcome (oral
talks or posters). Please send an email to F. Malbet
with "AMBER-WS2011" in the subject
line before Friday 11 March 2011.
- We have received limited support from JMMC, IPAG, ASHRA, the Fizeau
program (EII/OPTICON FP7) so that we can help young researchers to
participate to this workshop. Please send an email to F. Malbet before
Friday 11 February 2011. You will receive an answer before Friday 18
- The support from the Fizeau program will be mainly travel support
mainly to the participants who are not from the AMBER consortium
institutes. Participants who wish to receive such a support will be
asked to fill in the Fizeau form.
: Please send an email to F. Malbet with "AMBER-WS2011"
in the subject line before Friday 11 March 2011.